Frequently Asked Questions
* Navigating this Website *
* Your Photography Session *
* Your Prints *
**************** Navigating this Website ****************
1. How do I find out what photography services and pricing you offer?
Click the menu Services and select the type of photography service for description and pricing
2. How do I find an easy way to navigate around this website?
Click on menu About Us/Help - Site Map for list of all menus and pages available for viewing
3. How do you buy prints?
You can order prints by clicking on the shopping cart icon above each photo
4. How do I contact you?
Either click the menu Guestbook and let me know what you think with your comments or click the menu Contact and fill out the contact form with your comments, question or to make an appointment
5. How do you rate the photos?
You can rate the photo with thumbs up or down. The photos with most thumbs up will be displayed in the Most Popular album on the home page. Just hover your mouse over the photo in the album to get the thumbs popup
6. How do you add comments to each photo?
You can add comments by just clicking the Add Comment button on the bottom of each photo in the album
7. How do you keep up with the latest news about Sweet Dreams?
Click Blog - In The Spotlight to see the latest news of events and people with Sweet Dreams
You and the rest of our readers can also sign up and subscribe to get email updates of new photos galleries with Sweet Dreams Studio. Just enter your email on our home page and click Subscribe. Your email address is always kept confidential and secure. Enjoy.
**************** Your Photography Session ****************
1. Your pictures look great. How do you do it?
We use very high end professional camera and lighting equipment. That and a lot of preparation, creativity and skill :)
2. What are your prices?
My prices are extremely affordable. You will be hard pressed to find the same high quality professional photography for this low of price. Other professionals can charge 2-5 times as much. That is because I am passionate about taking photos and helping to make it affordable for people. Click on Service menu and select a service type to find pricing information.
3. How do I make an appointment?
Click on Contact menu and fill out the contact form that appears. Please include your contact information and details about the job you are requesting. I will contact you soon thereafter for a consultation.
4. What goes in a consultation?
We can do consultation over the phone. We will discuss the purpose and theme of the shoot and intended audience. We will discuss what outfits and accessories best highlight your style. We will then make an appointment based on availability.
5. How do I prepare for a photoshoot?
- pick out your wardrobe and accessories and accents like jewelry and shoes. Ask your friends for their opinion
- light tanning may be good for a sun touched look
- exercise to tone the body is helpful
- get a good nights sleep before the shoot so your eyes do not look tired
- pick out some favorite poses and facial expressions from magazines or off the internet and practice them in front of a mirror. You want to look natural and not stiff or "too posed"
6. What happens on the day of the photoshoot?
- for models and actors especially you should wear good makeup or have makeup artist as requested beforehand
- for models and actors especially you should have your hair styled nicely
- models and actors will have to sign standard model release form.
- you will change into your outfits
- we will take some test shots to make sure the lighting is good.
- we will start and finish shooting with wardrobe changes and breaks in between as needed
7. What happens after the photoshoot
- after the shoot I will review the photos and touch up the best pictures at my discretion. Any blurry/eyes closed photos will be deleted. Average number of good photos is 20-30 photos every half hour.
- then you will get CD with the best images 800x600 resolution and large enough for 4x6 and for web/email.
- if you want larger size images they can be purchased as prints from my website or as digital negatives.
8. Can you photograph on location?
We can go on location to do the photographs. There is travel surcharge for setting up the equipment and travel depending on where it is.
9. What consultation do you do for weddings?
There will be extensive consultation where we will discuss the wedding schedule and what should be photographed. This will include discussion of key scenes and people to photograph and dates and times and location. These include
- bride's formal portrait prewedding day
- outdoor setting scene
- pre-Ceremony and preparation of bride and groom
- reception - including cake cutting and first dance
- any additional photographs to include such as special people to photograph
- dress rehearsal can be photographed too
**************** Your Prints ****************
1. How is the print quality?
The print quality is one the best around. We use a professional lab renowned for color accuracy, print quality and consistency. The lab uses i2e which is an industrial-strength software that many great labs depend on for millions of prints per year.
2. What kind of prints do you have?
We have a wide array of print sizes from 4x6 and higher and various custom photo gifts such as T-shirts, mugs and mouse pads.
3. What are the differences among glossy, matte and lustre finish for prints?
- Glossy provides sheen and color saturation
- Matte has duller finish and is more fingerprint resistant with less glare than glossy
- Lustre provides the best of both glossy and matte - color saturation and sheen and fingerprint resistance without glare
4. What if I am unhappy with the prints I get?
Rest assured we have 30 day satisfation guarantee policy where you can return the prints for a refund within 30 days. Just send me a message on contact form with your contact information and order details.
5. What if I have more questions?
You can click on Contact menu and fill out the the contact form with your questions or comments.